On Saturday, October 8, UPMC Sports Medicine hosted a Pregame Minisymposium – The Quadricps ACL Reconstruction prior to the Pitt vs Georgia Tech football game.
Guest speakers included:
Professor Jürgen Höher, Founder and Chief Physician, Clinic of Sports Traumatology and joint surgery at Hospital Cologne Merheim, Germany
John Xerogeanes, MD, GT Team Physician, Emory School of Medicine
Andrew Lynch, PT, PhD, Department of Physical Therapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
The program included presentations and case discussions:
- Quadriceps ACL reconstruction all soft tissue, John Xerogeanes (Emory)
- Quadriceps ACL reconstruction using bone block, Jürgen Höher (Sportsclinic Cologne)
- Quadriceps ACL reconstruction with tenodesis, Volker Musahl (Pitt)
- Rehabilitation after Quadriceps tendon ACL reconstruction, Andrew Lynch (Pitt)
- Case discussions (GT fellow, Pitt fellows)
Following the symposium, symposium attendees headed to Heinz Field to watch the Pitt vs Georgia Tech football game. Pitt would win the game 37-34.